December 30, 2009

Pet Peeves of the Day

So everyone has those things that make them tick. I do as well. Let me lay them out there now.

Slow Drivers - Nothing infuriates me more than the lack of driving abilities of people. Yesterday it was snowing/raining all afternoon/evening. I would love to reiterate to those who seem to forget it - snow is just snow, it is not ice, it is not golf ball sized hail. It is a delicate paper thin flake of cold rain. You do not have to slow down to 40mph on the highway. You really don't. It is not as if as soon as it hits the ground (that is above freezing might I remind you) that it turns to a sheet of ice. It is just wet - get over it.

Closed Toed Shoes - Why is frowned upon to wear open toed shoes in the winter? Let me just tell you how much I hate, hate, hate, closed-toed shoes (unless they are boots of course). Every time I got up to walk around today, when I looked down, I was so disappointed with what I saw. I just wish that I could get away with wearing them. You know what... I am gonna do it. I am breaking them out. I don't keep these feet pedicured to keep them in hiding all the time. Come on out piggies...

Dieting - As you may have (read: probably haven't) read, I am determined to lose weight, again. This mean, however, that I can't eat my weight in Breadwinners cookies anymore. Contain your laughter - studies have shown that they do contain traces of crack which have led to my addiction. Anyway, back to me... I have to watch what I am eating now. Today, for instance, I did the Subway diet. I could probably survive off of this and never get tired of it so this wasn't a sacrifice, but something to look forward to. However, eating this way is not enjoyable at the start of a new diet.

Let me walk you through what I have eaten today.
Breakfast - Oatmeal - 160 calories.
Lunch - 6in Turkey on Wheat, lettuce, onion (hell yeah!), light mayo and sweet onion sauce (money) and a bag of baked lays - 490 calories
Snack - Smart Pop Kettle Corn - 120 calories
Dinner - Same as Lunch - 490 calories.
So today I have eaten 1260 calories. Not enough to keep a Smurf alive.

Pardon me while I voraciously gnaw off my own limbs. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment