November 21, 2009

I gave in.

So I gave in. I am not the biggest fashionista in the world. I would love to see trends and be able to pull them off. I have a friend that could wear a garbage bag and rock it. I would put it on and immediately feel the need to put it over my head instead. What happens most often, is I tend to make fun of the trends because I know that I could never pull it off. The only problem with this marvelous plan, is that I like most (read: some) of the trends. I "hated" the boots over the jeans look, I "hated" the skinny jeans... Oh man am I eating my words now. In the past month, I have not only given in to one of those trends, I have given in to both. I say that one is a direct result of the other.

I started the boots over the jeans look with these beauties. Fossil's Kate Boot (insert shameless plug here)



Next I added these from Target. Have a mentioned that I also "hated" flat boots. Sigh.



So there are some excuses as to why my sudden acclimation to trends. One, Fossil had the killer boots on sale! Next, who can pass up $30 boots from Target?
Enter trend #2 - Trying to comfortably cram boot cut jeans under them would cause my toes to turn blue not to mention the fact that this look made me rock the Hillary Clinton cankles. What is the solution of this problem one might ask? Buy skinny jeans. Now if I had just left it at that, we would be golden. Skinny jeans only under boots... But I am pretty sure that I am going to wear those skinny jeans out sans boots.

God help me. What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment