November 23, 2009

Brushes with Fame

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am the biggest nerd when it comes to celebrities. I get insanely excited by the prospect of seeing celebrities. In this quest for celebrity sightings, I have seen my fair share of quasi celebrities. I guess I shall start with the lesser people and work my way up.



Bob Huggins
(former University of Cincinnati Basketball Coach: Back when the Bearcats had a basketball team worth more than the lint in my pocket, there was Bob Huggins, head basketball coach. We ran into him a Party Source, a liquor store in Newport, Kentucky. I just kept saying, "Oh my God, there is Bob Huggins." One time he even turned around was a like, lady... I am only a coach. Pretty funny that we ran into him a liquor store considering his very public DUI was the reason he is the former head coach. Damn you Nancy Zimpher.





Michelle Aguilar
(Biggest Loser Winner Last Season): Nearly got kicked out of the Dallas Bridal Show for attempting to take pictures of her with my Blackberry. I claimed that I was just texting... they bought it. I did get to talk to her. That was pretty sweet.





Terrell Owens
(Former Cowboy turned Bill): I saw him at the Northpark Apple store. I had absolutely no idea who he was. All I knew was that there was a gigantic black man with giant diamond earrings. I leaned over to Abe and asked if he was a football player or something and he informed me that it was TO. I suddenly got real excited. Abe and I tried to go up to him and were shut down by his short fat body guard. Fail.




Jessica Simpson:
Spotted at Logan's Sports Bar in Addison. She was adorable. I was told that Tony Romo was there with her, although I did not see him. Since this was pre-breakup, she was a knockout. We were only allowed so close to where they were, but I was so excited that I am sure that I went over my texting limit with my cousin that night.



Owen Wilson: One of the perks of working for a company with very eccentric owners, is the random people they know. Owen was at work while our founder was in an last-minute meeting. The big guy had his niece/my friend walk him around the building. I just happened to be walking down the hall when I saw my friend with someone that I didn't recognize. She waved and said hi, as did he. They kept walking. It was not until a split second after they passed that I figured out who that was. I was uber excited about that one. Other celebs that have been at work: Giorgio Armani and Phillipe Starck. This brings us to the most recent.




Shirin Askari
(Project Runway Finalist): So she may not be the top of the list, but she is for the day. I heard a few weeks back that she was freelancing for us after her stint on Project Runway. I saw her the other day and assumed that was the closest I would get to her. Well, out of the blue today I get an email from, guess who?! Now, granted it was about some stupid question that she needed help with... but she asked me. She knows my name. I quickly and thoroughly answered her question assuming that would be the last communication. Boy was I wrong. I got 5 emails from her. She is very nice. Plus I am pretty sure she is wearing a Starck watch in this picture. That makes her double cool

With the creation of Twitter, it makes my celeb stalking much easier. Although I get sad when they usually don't respond, it is nothing compared to the happiness I feel when they do.



Thank you Rey Maualuga. You are now my favorite Celeb ever.



I am kind of a big deal now.

2 comments:

  1. So, wait . . . .Shirin is a bigger celeb than owen Wilson or T.O.? I think your order of importance should be more of a chronological order instead. . . . . .just saying . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did say that she may not be on the top, but she was for the day. And you know what, this is my blog and I can order things as I see fit. So there.

    ReplyDelete