January 3, 2011

New Year New Entry

What better way to start off the new year than by restarting the blog. I know my 1 faithful follower will be so excited!

Hmmm, what should my topic be for today? Ah Yes, outlining my New Year's Resolutions for 2011. I know - pretty original right?

Resolutions are usually so generic and things that don't really make a difference in your overall life. For example, my gym will be dripping with people today after work. Thanks in advance for making me (whow doesn't need a resolution to work out) work through lunch and leave early (just to make sure I can get on a machine) for the next month. Because lets be honest, those resolutions last for a month and then you are back to the same hum drum way you have been living your life until the next January when you make them all over again.

This year I am making a conceited effort to change myself. I figure the more I put this in writing, the more of a chance I have of holding myself accountable to them.

1. Display Self Control
This could mean a lot of different things. For one, drinking - calm down girlfriend... you are almost 30. It is time to stop acting like you are 21. I don't want this to sound like I am in need of rehab. That is not even close to the case. I just have a tendency to not stop drinking even once I am tipsy and then I move into annoying Kristin and not the adorable charming and not to mention funny Kristin that I typically am. Once I get to that point, I am the only person that sees myself that way. This also means from just glutinous behavior like the fact that there are a million candy bars and chocolate treats around me and holding myself back from shoving them all in my face at once.

2. Improve My Self-Esteem
Over the last year I have lost 20 lbs... ok, I am finished patting myself on the back now. You would think that would go a long way for a person's self-esteem. I guess I am the exception. I really need to take steps to see myself in a better light and not to be so down on myself all the time about the way I look.

3. Eliminate My Passive Aggressiveness
This is a huge one for me. I have always known that I am, but it not until recently that I have seen how that can negatively affect those around me. It probably stems from #2, but it is not an excuse for it - anymore. I am going to make huge changes in the way that I express myself in this way. It is not healthy for me or for those around me for it to continue any longer.

So, if you have not already noticed, my resolutions spell out D.I.E. My husband laughed out loud when I emailed them to him. He thinks it is hilarious that my resolution for 2011 is to D.I.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment