January 12, 2011

Reflections

Let's take a look at 2010, shall we?
So I love surveys, and this one is perfect for looking back!

Enjoy.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Lost weight. I mean lose weight and keep it off. 20lbs baby! Please disregard that candy bar I just ate... it was a long week!

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any last year. This year I have made it a focus and have been successful so far.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not super close to me, but practically everyone at work has either had a baby or is currently pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no.

5. What vacations did you take?
We took a cruise in August with my parents and Zach's. It was an amazing good time.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
No debt. Working on it now. Just a few things to pay back and we are good.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12/25 - I got to spend Christmas at home with my parents for the first time in 7 years.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing weight.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My self esteem was at an all time low this year. It's one of my goals this year to work to get it back up.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had some tumbles due to the lethal combination of 4 inch heels and vodka. Nothing that I could brush off and pretend nothing happened.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wood floors for the house. It was an amazing transformation.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A co-workers. He became much more confident in his abilities and a lot less cranky! :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Brett Favre...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Who knows... not in in the right places.

15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
Becker Family Christmas
Family Cruise

16. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
Tonight's Going To Be A Good Night - BEP

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or Sadder? Happier
- Thinner or Fatter? Much thinner. Thank you South Beach!
- Richer or Poorer? Neutral.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken time off and not been so busy.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being self critical and passive aggressive.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with the Becker/Webb family!! Always, Always a fun family time full of chaos, shenanigans, and food.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Mom and Michele. But I am not a big phone talker.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with a size 6.

23. Where did you spend most of your time?
Work. Here in America we live to work and not the other way around... I really wish it was not that way. I can't wait for the time when I can spend the majority of time at home.

24. What did you watch on TV this year?
Glee, Project Runway, How I Met Your Mother, Biggest Loser, Housewives shows, Snapped, and reality junk. We also watched the Lost series, Dexter and True Blood.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don't hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of Jodi Picoult's books and enjoyed them all. Twilight Saga.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
None really.

28. What did you want and get?
An iphone, a new floor, a real Christmas tree.

29. What did you want and not get?
mum is the word on that one.

30. What were your favorite films of this year?
True Grit, The Fighter, Eclipse, Deathly Hallows Part 1.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out with some close friends and had some drinks. I turned 29.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
It got much better when I didn't have to be ashamed of my body as much this year. I continued, however, with my staple - the cardigan.

34. What kept you sane?
My friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?
Most - Sandra Bullock, the epitome of grace
Least - Brett Favre, slime

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Do I have to pick one? Anything that had to do with Obama.
Also the legislation preventing freedom of speech against funeral protesters. Don't get me wrong, I think they should burn in hell, but it is a slippery slope when we start denying people of their first amendment right.

37. Whom did you miss?
My family, a lot this year.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My Ecomm girls at work. They are a riot and I never leave the night without my cheeks sore from smiling.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Communicate.

40. Quote a song for 2011:
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

No comments:

Post a Comment