March 9, 2010

Pretty Good Day

So it finally happened. I got a promotion and became a salaried employee! No more clocking in and out. No more worrying about making my lunch only 1 hour. I feel free. I feel like I joined the land of the grown ups. The kicker was, is my new salary going to be worth giving up the overtime. I think so. Aside from the occasional conference bringing 48 hours of overtime to a single paycheck. Boy, those were the days! Now I am eligible for the bonus program. Yippee. But honestly, I could not be happier. I was the only person on my team that was not a salaried employee. I was the pee on. The person that made copies and got rooms situated correctly for big meetings. Not anymore bitches. Now you can make my copies. Well, I guess now I just make copies for myself.

My title didn't really change training coordinator to communications coordinator. But I am told it is a promotion, so I am going to run with it.

It is going to be a pretty good day. The sun is shining, the temperature is 75 and I will have more money in my pocket every week!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am glad you are no longer a pee on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, congrats! I'm pretty glad you're no longer getting peed on too. . . . . Zach and his weird fantasies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!!!! No fun being the office bitch, which is what i am....grrrr!

    enjoy the new position!

    ReplyDelete