February 10, 2010

I Hate Dentists

So I just made an appointment with the Dentist for the first time in quite some time. Let's just say since I moved to Dallas... in '05. Before you judge - I still have all my teeth, floss semi-regularly and do in fact brush my teeth. This does not mean that I am not scared out of my ever loving mind. I hate the dentist. Everyone keeps telling me that the one that I will be going to is great and very little pain. But lets just face facts. I cannot go to the dentist without them telling me that I have tartar build up behind me retainer and ripping my gums to shreds. Here is my answer to that... IF YOU WOULD TAKE THE DAMN RETAINER OUT, I COULD FLOSS EASIER. My teeth are straight, I have all my wisdom teeth in and straight. Take it out. I hate the damn thing. I can't wait to be in pain for a sold day after this. Oh, I want to cancel that appointment so bad... so bad. Can you say stressed?

This was all brought on by the fact that my baby sister-in-law just went for the first time in a few years and has 5 cavities and needs a "deep cleaning". They should call it a "wallet cleaning". She made the mistake of going to a big chain dentist. I don't know about in other areas, but in Dallas everyone I know that has gone to one of the big chains has been told that they grind their teeth at night and need a special mouth guard - here is the catch, it is not covered on insurance. I am not kidding. Any-who, they said that she really needs this "deep cleaning" ($1400) to make sure she gets all the junk off her teeth. $14O0 really?!?! And that is on top of her cavity fillings. She will have to pay $980 out of pocket for all this. No way Jose. I've got a feeling .... woo hoo... that she got screwed by that big company.

So anyway, I was told that this dentist is great. That does not mean that I have not worked myself up into a tizzy. I can't wait until tomorrow rolls around and I have pit stains the size of Montana rocking and I make all those nervous giggles that I do when I would rather be dead than doing what I am currently doing. Someone said that some places will give you something to calm you down if you tell them you have high anxiety about your appointment, done. God, please let that be the truth. This is no time for hero's... A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

3 comments:

  1. Just go in drunk. . . . .
    You'll be fine. It's in and out. No pain, no gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the nervous giggles now....I love them!

    ReplyDelete