January 11, 2010

Weekend Recap!

This weekend could have been a really good one if it hadn't been for those meddling kids... or this damn illness I have. It started last Tuesday with a fever and has now degenerated into a mean case of laryngitis mixed with some pretty righteous coughing. Perfect. I sound like a dying squeaker toy or a tranny as I was called this morning. Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me not to speak? Well, take that and multiply it by a million to get how hard it is to listen to the Glee soundtrack in your car everyday and not be able to belt anything out! Torture!

So despite the fact that I was sick all week, I worked through my illness. Yeah, I am that much of a hard worker. Ha! Not really, I just had too much crap to do to even take a day off and sleep. I muddled through. Now it may have been in a NyQuil induced haze (and yes, I did take NyQuil during the day) but I made it through. I was so excited to have a Happy Hour planned right after work on Friday. Zach and I packed up and headed to drink town with a bunch of other people from work. Not planning on staying out too late because the mutts at home were already crossing their legs, we headed out for a few drinks. The group was really feeling the night so we made plans to head out to another place to finish off the night. Since we had to let the dogs out, we took off for home. I guess we stayed too long at home because I was starting to get tired. We got back in the car and made our way to the Quarter Bar in Uptown - already going downhill. Most of the group was already there and we settled in for a pretty amusing night. Following along with the antics that are Austin's life provided a lot of fodder for the evening ...that and being told that we are old for leaving at 12:30 sealed the deal. I was just spent. That is when the laryngitis really set in.

Saturday was a lazy day marked by a ANTM marathon and lounging on the couch. That night we celebrated my sis-in-law's birthday by bowling (poorly)and karaoke night at the Quarter Bar in Addison. Saturday night was a minor fortune. Ugh. We had a pretty good group that night and it was fun. I was extremely sad that I was not able to sing a sure to be amazing duet with Austin to "Alone" due to the lack of voice, but because of a giant black man that was pestering us all night, I got a few free shots out of the deal. Not as fun as it was the first time we were there, all in all we still had a pretty good night.

The start to this week has not been the most amazing. I am still pretty tired and lacking any energy to work, which, let me tell you, makes working very difficult.

Bleh. Hope I start feeling better fast! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment