January 14, 2010

Tanning

You can think of me what you want, but I started tanning again today. Not because I want to blend in the with January beach bunnies that run a muck here in Dallas, but for 2 simple reasons.
#1. I have to be in a wedding in March.
#2. Everyone looks skinnier tan. End of Story.

You can't deny this one. Even blubber looks better tan. Right? I mean, even if you had to look at the naked body of Rosie O'Donnell, wouldn't you like it better with a little bronze on it. Just picture it. Let me help.





























Now I won't spend every waking moment of fee time that I have in the tanning bed. There is a 24 hour rule to prevent that. I am aware of the risks and I am not the chronic addicted tanner that I was back in college. I use this semi regular tanning as a cocktail for my working out. Not only does it make the effects show up faster, you look better while at the gym working out. Double plus. At least now my face will be beat red because I am tan not just because I am slowly suffocating on the treadmill because I can't catch my breath and will not let the person next to me win that battle. Yes, I am that crazy one.

So back up off me. I feel better about myself when I am tan and I want to feel better about myself. ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. Why did Rosie's eyes and toungue get tan too in that photo? Did she tan in that exact pose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you...i am tanning very soon. Because of the wedding and let's face it, you are right, we all look better bronzed and glowing! But you are a beauty anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap, THANK YOU for this post. I am constantly bitching about how pale I am these days and how it makes everything look worse, and everyone's all "you shouldn't go to the bed blah blah blah" . I'm olive skinned, my natural state is tan, not casper white. And I agree, gym-time is exponentially better if you look tan, it's science. I'm also that girl who WILL.NOT. be beat on the treadmill/elliptical, don't even get me started on running outside, I will literally kill myself to run faster than people behind me...it's sick.

    ReplyDelete